This title is no longer available from this publisher at this time. To let the publisher know you are interested in the title, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alif Baa (HC): Introduction to Arabic Letters and Sounds with Website, Third Edition, Student's Edition
Georgetown University Press, 2019
Paper: 978-1-62616-687-5 | Cloth: 978-1-62616-686-8
ABOUT THIS BOOK | AUTHOR BIOGRAPHY
ABOUT THIS BOOK
The best-selling Alif Baa is the first volume of the Al-Kitaab Arabic language program third edition is now available as a multimedia textbook with added functionality and ease of use for students and teachers. In this edition of the introduction to Arabic letters and sounds, English-speaking students will find an innovative integration of colloquial and formal (spoken and written) Arabic. Together, the book and new companion website provide learners with all the material necessary to learn the sounds of Arabic, write its letters, and begin speaking Arabic, including interactive, self-correcting exercises to enhance learning. The companion website also gives instructors additional online grading options.
This multimedia textbook includes Alif Baa, Third Edition and a Companion Website Access Key for Alif Baa, Third Edition.
FEATURES• Four-color design throughout the book features over 100 illustrations and photographs
• Gives learners and instructors color-coded options for the variety of language they wish to learn in speaking: Egyptian, Levantine, or formal Arabic (MSA)
• Introduces over 200 basic vocabulary words in all three forms of spoken and written Arabic side by side, including expressions for polite social interaction, and activates them in interactive homework exercises and classroom groupwork
• Includes video dialogues in Egyptian and Levantine, filmed in Cairo and Damascus
• Includes video footage of an Arabic calligrapher, capsules on Arabic culture, and images of street signs from Morocco, Egypt, and Lebanon
• Includes new English-Arabic and Arabic-English glossaries, searchable in the companion website
• Companion website features a fully integrated set of interactive exercises with all the video and audio materials and additional online course management and grading options for teachers
Alif Baa provides the essential first 20-25 contact (classroom) hours of the Al-Kitaab program, accompanied by 40-50 homework hours. Students who complete Alif Baa should reach a novice-intermediate to novice-high level of proficiency.
Companion Website Minimum System Requirements:WindowsOS: Microsoft Windows 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7CPU: 233MHz Pentium BasedRAM: 128MBDISPLAY:1024x768, color displayBROWSER: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, or Firefox version 3.0 or higherCONNECTION SPEED: A high-speed connection with throughput of 256 Kbps or more is recommended to use audio and video components.EQUIPMENT: You will need speakers or a headset to listen to audio and video components.PLUG-INS: You must have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
MacintoshOS: Mac OSXCPU: 233MHz Power MacintoshRAM: 128MBDISPLAY:1024x768, color displayBROWSER: Firefox version 3.0 or higher, or Sarari 3.0 or higherCONNECTION SPEED: A high-speed connection with throughput of 256 Kbps or more is recommended to use audio and video components. EQUIPMENT: You will need speakers or a headset to listen to audio and video components.PLUG-INS: You must have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
See other books on: Al-Batal, Mahmoud | Al-Tonsi, Abbas | Arabic | Brustad, Kristen | Sounds
See other titles from Georgetown University Press
More to explore: World War, 1939-1945